Another VIA UniChrome/Chrome9 Driver

Robert Noland rnoland at 2hip.net
Tue Nov 11 15:26:39 PST 2008

On Tue, 2008-11-11 at 16:00 -0500, Robert Noland wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-11-12 at 04:21 +0800, Intron is my alias on the Internet
> wrote:

> > > Is that with the xorg driver?  An xorg.log might be helpful.
> > >
> > > robert.

> > The mysterious phenomenon is produced with the port
> > xf86-video-openchrome-0.2.903. Here is the log file:
>
> Ok, the more I dig into this, the more confused I get...  This driver is
> not from via... It is open source, but not developed with xorg...  Give
> me a few minutes to see how things look and maybe we can just make a
> port from the source...

Ok, I need more coffee... I have all the versions sorted out now... So
your are using xf86-video-openchrome from ports...  It looks like there
is an internal conflict about whether this chip is actually a P4M890 or
a P4M900.  I'm not sure which way to go, so we will try the 890 first...
Please try the following patch to the openchrome port.

http://people.freebsd.org/~rnoland/openchrome.patch

robert.