Fw: ports/120757: New port: www/joomla15 Stable 1.5 version of the
Andre Rikkert de Koe
andre at rikkertdekoe.nl
Mon Mar 31 06:00:06 PDT 2008
I have a question about the New-port procedure.
On 17 feb I created this port
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=120757 , hoping to see it soon in
the official FreeBSD ports tree. I tested the port against the rules in the
FreeBSD porters handbook so I knew it worked completely (on my freebsd
After that there were several things happening (and not happening) :
- First weeks nothing, nobody to pick it up in the audit trail ..
- Than somebody else who also created a port for the same joomla15 software.
- Than some "miwi at FreeBSD.org" who made himself responsible for the port on
- After a while I noticed that a non working FreeBSD port joomla15 which was
not my version, was committed :-?
- I emailed him for question how to help to commit the port and I was
anwered that I had to wait for a while.
- Now I got this email, that another submitted the same software before the
procedure to commit my port was finished.
My question : can I get the right to commit a port myself or is there any
other way to have some more influence on getting the port commited ? There's
lots of other nice software to be ported in the future, but I'd like to see
my port actually appear in the FreeBSD ports tree.
----- Original Message -----
From: <miwi at FreeBSD.org>
To: <ports at andre.rikkertdekoe.nl>; <miwi at FreeBSD.org>; <miwi at FreeBSD.org>
Sent: Sunday, March 30, 2008 3:30 AM
Subject: Re: ports/120757: New port: www/joomla15 Stable 1.5 version of the
> Synopsis: New port: www/joomla15 Stable 1.5 version of the Joomla CMS
> State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
> State-Changed-By: miwi
> State-Changed-When: Sun Mar 30 01:30:41 UTC 2008
> Sorry is duplicate with 120757 was committed now. Thanks for your
More information about the freebsd-ports