[patch] pkg_delete(1) speedup

Michel Talon talon at lpthe.jussieu.fr
Mon Mar 31 07:24:44 PDT 2008

Roman Divacky wrote:

> To my eye, it doesn't look like matchbyorigin() could be
> re-implemented
> to be faster with little effort, but could somebody have a quick look
> as well? Would doing mmap() instead of scanning file line-by-line be
> any faster? (though I'm not saying it's a great idea)

In the python script check_pkg.py that i mentioned previously (*), i
observed that implementing a mmap solution insted of working line by
line produced a *great* speedup (5 times if i remember well), but
perhaps this is due to python specifics.

(*) http://www.lpthe.jussieu.fr/~talon/pkg_check.py

--

Michel TALON