Oracle SQL Developer

Jose Garcia Juanino jjuanino at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 12:53:04 PST 2008

El jueves 17 de enero a las 20:48:39 CET, Scott T. Hildreth escribió:

> On Sun, 2008-01-13 at 21:56 +0100, martinko wrote:
> > Marcin Cieslak wrote:

> > > There is actually nothing to port, just download the non-JRE platform
> > > independent zip file, unpack and run "bash sqldeveloper" from
> > > sqldeveloper/sqldeveloper/bin directory.
> > >
> > > Works for me (7.0-BETA3 on amd64, self-compiled sun jdk15 from ports).
> > >
> > > --Marcin
> > >

> > Well,
> >
> > I've tried it on 6-STABLE (6.2.something) and it got stuck at splash
> > screen.  Btw, I've noticed output like this in terminal:
>
>   When I first ran it, I had the same problem.  Then I noticed that
> there was a prompt window behind the splash screen.  I was able to
> grab the edge and pull the window over and answer the prompt.

In my window manager I was able to move that window to another place and
answer "No" to the question. The window is hidden by the splash screen,
but it is possible to move it by mean of the menu window in the task
bar.

> > expr: illegal option -- X
> > usage: expr [-e] expression
> > expr: illegal option -- D
> > usage: expr [-e] expression
> >

>   Linux expr has different options then the FreeBSD expr.  I ignore
>   these errors since they are testing paths and my install is working.

A workaround is to prefix the arguments of expr command with
a double hyphen (--)

> > Also, all the scripts use #!/bin/bash which doesn't work in FreeBSD.

It does not matter as the script are executed under sh shell:

$ sh sqldeveloper

>   I wrote a wrapper script to handle this,

> #!/usr/local/bin/zsh
>
> cd ~/src/Java/sqldeveloper/sqldeveloper/bin/
> bash ./sqldeveloper $@

> ...you could also link /usr/local/bin/bash to /bin/bash.

I think it would be possible to run sqldeveloper without any reference
to bash shell. I have submitted a problem report to port sqldeveloper:

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Regards