latest firefox. linux-flashplugin and nspluginwrapper don't want to work together.

Wed Sep 26 08:23:40 PDT 2007

Quoting eculp at encontacto.net (from Wed, 26 Sep 2007 07:40:06 -0500):

> Quoting Alexander Leidinger <Alexander at Leidinger.net>:
>
>> Quoting eculp at encontacto.net (from Wed, 26 Sep 2007 06:14:44 -0500):
>>
>>> Quoting eculp at encontacto.net:

What does it mean exactly? Problems with sound, problems with graphics
(no display at all), or both? Can you please check in the sysctl's
related to sound for a mmap or linux related sysctl and set it to "1"?

Have you updated FreeBSD at the same time (as in "before the last use
of flash and the update of firefox")?

>>> More info:
>>> - Box with issue:
>>>     6.2-STABLE FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE #372: Mon Sep 24 05:41:04 CDT 2007
>>
>> Is this RELENG_6 or RELENG_6_2? If the former, when did you cvsup?
>
> Hello Alexander,
>
> It is RELENG_6 and I cvsup and build daily.  I clean libraries,
> includes and reboot every 10 days, more or less.  It is pretty up to
> date.
>

>>> - On Linux-opera I get sound but no flash movie.
>>> - I tried it on a 7.0 current box and it worked.  So maybe it is
>>>   time to quite procrastinating and upgrade ;)
>>> - I would still love to hear a Flash9 success story.
>>
>> There are kernel bugs preventing flash9 to work even on -current.
>> You can head over to emulation@ if you want to help debugging the
>> problem (you have to run -current then).
>
> I have decided to go to current, using a cd, probably this weekend.
> This is my last RELENG_6 box so I don't really need to keep it anymore.
>  I'm building a release on a current box right now and will build
> another tomorrow to have a couple of cd's just in case ;).

Please keep it on RELENG_6. I merged some changes from -current and it
would be nice if you could check if the problem is not because of
those changes.

If you have changed FreeBSD, and if it worked before, it would be nice
if you could go back on RELENG_6 and try to nail down a commit which
caused this problem.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Sometimes it happens.  People just explode.  Natural causes.
		-- Repo Man