latest firefox. linux-flashplugin and nspluginwrapper don't want to work together.

eculp at encontacto.net eculp at encontacto.net
Wed Sep 26 05:40:09 PDT 2007

Quoting Alexander Leidinger <Alexander at Leidinger.net>:

> Quoting eculp at encontacto.net (from Wed, 26 Sep 2007 06:14:44 -0500):
>
>> Quoting eculp at encontacto.net:
>>
>>> I upgraded firefox, the  linux-flashplugin and reinstalled
>>> nspluginwrapper, just in case;)
>>>
>>> firefox-2.0.0.7,1
>>> linux-flashplugin-7.0r70
>>> nspluginwrapper-0.9.91.5
>>>
>>> The plugins are recognized in firefox wih about:plugins but no
>>> longer work.  They have been working nicely for several months
>>> now.   I guess I should rollback something.
>>
>> More info:
>>  - Box with issue:
>>      6.2-STABLE FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE #372: Mon Sep 24 05:41:04 CDT 2007
>
> Is this RELENG_6 or RELENG_6_2? If the former, when did you cvsup?

Hello Alexander,

It is RELENG_6 and I cvsup and build daily.  I clean libraries,
includes and reboot every 10 days, more or less.  It is pretty up to
date.

>>  - On Linux-opera I get sound but no flash movie.
>>  - I tried it on a 7.0 current box and it worked.  So maybe it is
>>    time to quite procrastinating and upgrade ;)
>>  - I would still love to hear a Flash9 success story.
>
> There are kernel bugs preventing flash9 to work even on -current.
> You can head over to emulation@ if you want to help debugging the
> problem (you have to run -current then).

I have decided to go to current, using a cd, probably this weekend.
This is my last RELENG_6 box so I don't really need to keep it
anymore.  I'm building a release on a current box right now and will
build another tomorrow to have a couple of cd's just in case ;).

Thanks,

ed