FreeBSD Port: openldap-server-2.3.37

Xin LI delphij at delphij.net
Mon Jul 30 00:13:05 UTC 2007

Marty Heyman wrote:
> Sorry to bother you but I'm having a problem installing
> openldap-server-2.3.37. I'm new to freeBSD and LOVE the ports system.
> You folk are doing great work! But ...
>
> ... openldap-client-2.3.37 was installed as a dependency by asterisk and
> is now depended on by several installed packages. I want to run an
> openldap server (slapd) on this system as well but now the Makefile
> refuses to install the server modules on top of the client install and
> wants me to remove openldap-client-2.3.37 (which looks painful rolling
> back all the other packages that depend on it.
>
> Suggestions? Thanks in advance!

What did make(1) told you about the conflict?  My guess is that you have
choosen SASL, if that's a requirement then you have no way other than a
replace of openldap-client-2.3.37 with openldap-sasl-client-2.3.37,
which can be done with:

	portupgrade -f -o net/openldap23-sasl-client openldap23-client

If you don't have portupgrade installed, use
ports-mgmt/portupgrade-devel or ports-mgmt/portupgrade.

However, fortunately, if you don't need SASL functionality of slapd
(this is the usual case), then you will be able to remove the option
then install it without problem:

	cd /usr/ports/net/openldap23-server
	make config
	(uncheck "SASL")