pkg-plist problem

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Sun Jul 15 18:39:07 UTC 2007

--On July 15, 2007 1:07:53 PM +0100 Shaun Amott <shaun at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 14, 2007 at 05:05:46PM -0500, Paul Schmehl wrote:
>> I'm working on an upgrade to a port.  It installs a bunch of files,
>> some  in the standard places, a lot in /usr/local/portname.  It also
>> installs a  perl module in SITE_PERL.
>>
>> The problem I have is I can't get that perl module to uninstall.  If I
>> list it as %%SITE_PERL%%/mach/perl module, it prepends PREFIX to it and
>> can't find it.  If I list it in PLIST_FILES instead, it still can't
>> find  it.
>>
>> How can I put an entry in PLIST that doesn't install in PREFIX/foo?
>
> This has been broken for some time: files under SITE_PERL aren't handled
> properly when a different PREFIX is used.
>
> We now appear to have SITE_PERL_REL though, so files should be installed
> to ${PREFIX}/${SITE_PERL_REL}.

I just tried this.  It doesn't ignore PREFIX either.  I need SITE_PERL to
be a hard-coded path that ignores PREFIX in pkg-plist.  I guess I'll have
to write a pkg-deinstall script that removes the module.  IOW, when a path
in pkg-plist is prepende with %%SITE_PERL%%, pkg-plist needs to *not*
prepend %%PREFIX%% to that but recognize that %%SITE_PERL%% is a reference
to /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/version//

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Senior Information Security Analyst
The University of Texas at Dallas
http://www.utdallas.edu/ir/security/