flash

Nikola Lecic nlecic at EUnet.yu
Mon Jul 2 17:10:33 UTC 2007

On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 12:08:46 -0400
James Bailie <jimmy at mammothcheese.ca> wrote:

> Stefan 'Steve' Tell wrote:
>
>  > What about videos on YouTube?
>
> I had my native Firefox go wonky after the XOrg upgrade, and
> after several recompiles and dependency recompiles, it just got
> worse.  I used portupgrade to keep my ports current, but the
> source of problem continued to elude me.
>
> As a short term solution, I have ditched the native Firefox and
> installed linux-firefox.
>
> By creating symbolic links in
>
> /usr/local/lib/linux-firefox/plugins
>
> I was able to get the linux-flashplugin-7, linux acrobat7, and
> linux-realplayer plugins to work, without crashing the browser.
> YouTube works fine, but sound goes out of sync immediately, as
> it always did with that plugin.
>
> Haven't bothered yet to see if I can get Java working.

People,

I think that you can find answers to a lot of problems mentioned here
if you start reading from

  http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2007-June/150737.html

and from

  http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2007-June/150773.html

Those posts cover flash7 with native browsers, possible problem after
updating Xorg and some explanations related to {ns,linux}pluginwrapper.

In my experience things remained the same in meantime.

Nikola Lečić