Anyone still using x11-wm/fluxbox?

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Sat Jul 8 22:17:58 UTC 2006

On Sat, 08 Jul 2006 07:07:11 -0500, Randy Pratt <bsd-unix at earthlink.net>
wrote:

> On Mon, 3 Jul 2006 19:18:26 -0400
> Randy Pratt <bsd-unix at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 03 Jul 2006 13:42:20 -0500
>> "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7 at cox.net> wrote:
>>
>> > Hello folks,
>> >
>> > Fluxbox is now at 1.0rc2, so it is near ready to move from
>> fluxbox-devel
>> > to fluxbox. I am wondering if there is any users that still are using
>> > x11-wm/fluxbox (0.1.14)? If yes, then I am happy to move from fluxbox
>> > something like fluxbox-old (got any better name?) but I will not
>> maintain
>> > it as I shall drop it to ports at FreeBSD.org. If I get no reply until
>> > Fluxbox released at 1.0 then the 0.1.14 version will be gone for good.
>>
>> I'm using the older fluxbox and also know of a few others who are
>> also dragging their feet.  I've actually had my attention elsewhere
>> and wasn't following the fluxbox-devel but I'll give it a whirl on a
>> test box in the next few days.  I doubt I'd request that the old
>> version remain in the tree in any event since I'd keep it along with a
>> few other local ports if I really wanted to stick with the old version.
>>
>> Thanks for the notice though so I can start paying attention :-)
>
> Just a follow-up to my previous comments.
>
> I switched to the fluxbox-devel-1.0rc2_1 version yesterday and have
> not seen any problems.  I left my old ~/.fluxbox directory and
> configs and there didn't seem to be any problems.  No reason that
> I can see to keep the old version around.

Thanks for check. There only will be a small issue related with the rename
of bsetroot to fbsetroot that might causing some old theme not work any
longer. I will copying some of pkg-message (ATTENTION part) in
/usr/ports/UPDATING when fluxbox-devel merges into fluxbox.

Cheers,
Mezz

> Randy

FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)
http://wiki.freebsd.org/multimedia  -  multimedia at FreeBSD.org