No compat5x port yet?

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Thu Mar 17 23:32:55 PST 2005

Ade Lovett wrote:
> Doug Barton wrote:
>
>>I'm already in a world where a compat5x port would be useful, any
>>volunteers?
>

> Whilst it would indeed end up being a port, wouldn't the volunteers
> suggested here be more likely to be tracking -current?

Umm, yes? (Not sure I understand the question, unless you're saying I should
have posted to freebsd-current at .)

> I'd also imagine that at least the first cut of a misc/compat5x port
> would be based on libraries from 5.4-RELEASE as and when it happens.

I agree that's a reasonable approach, but doesn't stop me from needing it
now. :)

What I'll probably do short term is just figure out what libs my application
needs, and shuffle them by hand, but I do think that teeing this up for
5.4-RELEASE time frame is a good idea.

Doug