No compat5x port yet?

Ade Lovett ade at FreeBSD.org
Thu Mar 17 23:13:07 PST 2005

Doug Barton wrote:
> I'm already in a world where a compat5x port would be useful, any
> volunteers?

Whilst it would indeed end up being a port, wouldn't the volunteers
suggested here be more likely to be tracking -current?

I'd also imagine that at least the first cut of a misc/compat5x port
would be based on libraries from 5.4-RELEASE as and when it happens.

Perhaps a gentle word in the shell-like of re@ once 5.4-REL is out the
door as to the relevant libraries etc. to be included in such a port
would be in order?

Or you could bug kris about it:

	[ade at nail:ports/misc/compat4x] 4% make -V MASTER_SITE_SUBDIR
	kris/amd64

:)

-aDe