FreeBSD Port: cyrus-sasl-2.1.21 -- Couldn't update db

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 22:01:42 GMT 2005

On 5/30/05, Mark Edwards <mark at antsclimbtree.com> wrote:
> When I use saslpasswd2 to set or change a password, I always get a log
> item saying that saslpasswd2 "Coudn't update db" even though the
> password is changed successfully, the db file is modified, and
> subsequent authentication with the new password succeeds just fine.
>
> An example:
>
> May 30 03:46:13 lilbuddy saslpasswd2: setpass succeeded for
> cyrus at mail.antsclimbtree.com
> May 30 03:46:13 lilbuddy saslpasswd2: Couldn't update db

Been a while since I used the cyrus-sasl ports, but when I was
updating them, I had added to pkg-install:

echo "test" | ${PKG_PREFIX}/sbin/saslpasswd2 -p -c ${CYRUS_USER}
${PKG_PREFIX}/sbin/saslpasswd2 -d ${CYRUS_USER}

It would issue a warning, but still create a blank sasldb file.  Then
as you add new users to the sasldb file, it shouldn't give you any
further warnings.

NOTE: If you install with BATCH=yes, then pkg-install will not create
the blank sasldb file, and you will get a warning on the first user
added.

Does the warning occur with the first user added (no previous
sasldb/sasldb2 file) or with every additional user added?

Scot