mod_tsa anyone?

Joel rees at ddcom.co.jp
Wed Apr 6 04:31:18 PDT 2005

I babbled:

> In the archives, I found that the usual approach for combining modssl
> with something else is to get the apache+modssl port, then get the other
> mod ports. (Dynamic loading.)
>
> Now, over at opentsa.org, they say they have reports of successful
> installs on freebsd. But I don't have enough experience with ports to
> know what I'm doing, so I'm wondering where I should put those mod_tsa
> patch files, and what flags I should set in which configuration files.
>
> Maybe if I figure out where the sources went when I did the make in
> /usr/ports/www/apache13-modssl, I can figure out the instructions for
> mod_tsa. If I can successfully apply the patches, what's the next step?
> Will a repeat make walk on the patches?
>
> Now I see a reminder about certificates, and that reminds me of my
> second question.
>
> mod_tsa for apache 1.3.33 requires openssl 0.9.7e, and the version in
> freeBSD is 0.9.7d .
>
> I tried, just for grins, running over to /usr/src/secure/usr.bin/openssl
> and doing a make, but the results didn't really give me any clues. I
> didn't see anything in the Makefile there that I could recognize as
> being intended to tell the make process to update openssl. And I don't
> see any evidence yet of the source files for openssl.

Tomorrow, first thing when I get to work, I'm going to try untarring the
mod_tsa patches for mod_ssl into the ports/www/apache13-modssl/files
directory and running make. As long as I don't do make install, I can
always make clean and try again, right?

I think I'll clone apache13-modssl into my home directory first, though.

--
Joel Rees   <rees at ddcom.co.jp>
digitcom, inc.   株式会社デジコム