FreeBSD port: rhythmbox-0.8.5_3

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Thu Sep 23 09:26:59 PDT 2004

Esaltato wrote:
| Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
|
|> On Wed, 2004-09-22 at 18:35, Esaltato wrote:
|>

|>> There are 2 problems with this port: the first is the 100% cpu
|>> utilization I experience as I listen to internet radios. This is not
|>> the old idle bug.
|>>

|> I have heard this before, but I don't listen to Internet radio, so I
|> have never explored it.
|

| But have you got the same bug?

Actually, I don't.  I created a new Internet radio station last night,
and rhythmbox barely hit 1% CPU time.  I let it run for a few hours.

| Sorry, I was a bit vague. The gnome nautilus menu, when you right-click
| on any folder/multimedia file.
|
| Just imagine the nice 16x16 stereo icon replaced with a standard blank
| 32x32 gnome icon (the 3Dish white sheet). The menu consequentially
| messes up. This forced me to uninstall RB.
| Screenshot:
| http://66.195.17.52/~esaltat/images/screenshotto.png

Looks fine to me.  I see the standard rhythmbox icon that I see in my
panel.  Check to see that you have rhythmbox.png in
/usr/X11R6/share/gnome/pixmaps.

|>> The first may as well be a program bug, the second seems to be a port
|>> problem.
|>>
|>> I'm on FreeBSD 5.2.1, Rhythmbox compiled from ports using -02 -pipe
|>> -sse.

Really, you shouldn't be using these CFLAGS.  Before reporting any
problems, you should rebuild using default CFLAGS (in this case, rebuild
gstreamer* and rhythmbox with -O -pipe, and see if you have the same
problems with Internet radio).

Joe

- --