Perl voodoo in ports/UPDATING

Christopher Nehren apeiron at comcast.net
Tue Jun 1 18:07:19 PDT 2004

In regard to the new Perl version, ports/UPDATING has of course been
changed with some instructions on how to proceed. It includes some real
voodoo which really shows the beauty of Unix. But wouldn't 'portupgrade
-rf perl\*5.8.4' be much simpler? And if the user has a threaded Perl
installed, the command listed in UPDATING won't work.

pejorative meaning "stupid and unsophisticated".  -- Ken Thompson
-
-
Please CC me in all replies, even if I'm on the relevant list(s).