Port has different versions for different architectures...

Pav Lucistnik pav at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jun 1 11:01:39 PDT 2004

V út, 01. 06. 2004 v 17:09, Tim Bishop píše:

> Say a new version of a package has been released for one arcitecture,
> but not others, how can this be dealt with in a port?
>
> I'd want to do something _like_ this (but not this):
>
> .if ${ARCH} == "i386"
> PORTVERSION=1.1
> .else
> PORTVERSION=1.0
> .endif
>
> I'm sure there are numerous bodges to doing this in the port, but I
> suspect this will break things such as the INDEX file.

No, it will not break INDEX file. It will just result in different INDEX
file for each architecture.

> A solution would be to maintain multiple versions of the same port, but
> that seems like overkill. Unless slave ports are used?

If plist don't change between versions, I don't see much problems with
your approach. Otherwise you can wait with the update until all archs
are available, or temporarily comment out laging architectures.

--
Pav Lucistnik <pav at oook.cz>
              <pav at FreeBSD.org>

 I went grocery shopping, made a pot of chilli, played ey,
then ate some chilli