Port has different versions for different architectures...

Tim Bishop tim-lists at bishnet.net
Tue Jun 1 08:10:14 PDT 2004

Say a new version of a package has been released for one arcitecture,
but not others, how can this be dealt with in a port?

I'd want to do something _like_ this (but not this):

.if ${ARCH} == "i386"
PORTVERSION=1.1
.else
PORTVERSION=1.0
.endif

I'm sure there are numerous bodges to doing this in the port, but I
suspect this will break things such as the INDEX file.

A solution would be to maintain multiple versions of the same port, but
that seems like overkill. Unless slave ports are used?

Any thoughts?

Tim.

--
Tim Bishop