Perl voodoo in ports/UPDATING

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Tue Jun 1 18:15:42 PDT 2004

On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 21:07:15 -0400, Christopher Nehren
<apeiron at comcast.net> wrote:

> In regard to the new Perl version, ports/UPDATING has of course been
> changed with some instructions on how to proceed. It includes some real
> voodoo which really shows the beauty of Unix. But wouldn't 'portupgrade
> -rf perl\*5.8.4' be much simpler? And if the user has a threaded Perl
> installed, the command listed in UPDATING won't work.

Before the perl was added in UPDATING, I did the 'portupgrade -f p5-\*'
and it seems work fine. No problem to run GNOME, portlint, tinderbox, perl
gtk2 and etc so far. Maybe, there is some apps that need to be rebuild
that I don't have them installed.

Cheers,
Mezz

FreeBSD GNOME Team