FreeBSD Port: ethereal-0.10.3

bill fumerola billf at mu.org
Tue Jul 20 19:21:34 PDT 2004

On Tue, Jul 20, 2004 at 09:57:43PM -0400, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> Bill, here is my patch for ethereal.  This works with GTK+ 1.2 and 2,
> and fixes the lockup encountered when running with GTK+ 2 by using
> select() on the bpf file descriptor to see if we have packets to read.

i don't see this as part of the patch, but that sounds good to me. thanks
for working the gtk2 angle, it's been a completely impossible upgrade
path from gtk1 to gtk2 on my 4-stable machine. (e.g. pkgconfig was
installed, but not the most recent version; bsd.*.mk is satisfied but
some configure scripts barf..)

> If you have no objection, I'll go ahead and commit this.

looks good. please invert the gtk1/2 stuff like i did in my patch (or
if there's a more standard ports way, by all means do it..). this is the
ethereal developers' desired default as of this release.

thanks for picking this up,
--
- bill fumerola / fumerola at yahoo-inc.com / billf at FreeBSD.org