[RFC] Apache-related ports changes

Clement Laforet sheepkiller at cultdeadsheep.org
Wed Jan 14 15:22:56 PST 2004

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 23:59:48 +0100
Pawel Malachowski <pawmal-posting at freebsd.lublin.pl> wrote:

> Some day I wanted to run both Apache 1.3.x and Apache 2.0.x, on the
> same host and environment (only different IP addressess, logs, etc.),
> not in jail, of course I shoot myself in the foot (that was before
> introducing CONFLICTS). Just asking: making Apache ports capable to
> coexist is not possible because of Apache nature also?

An idea behind the fact we should have always the same layout for
apache ports is we can easily write a "apache wrapper". If all ports
supports it, it should be trivial.
In fact, 'only' support utils,httpd and ${LOCALBASE}/www conflict.

clem

--
PGP Key: http://people.freebsd.org/~clement/pgpkey/clement.asc