FreeBSD Port: iconv-2.0

Artem Bityuckiy dedekind at oktet.ru
Thu Sep 18 02:44:59 PDT 2003

Hello Alexander.

Thank you for your answers.

The patch you sent have corrected euc-jp tables and now shift-jis ->
euc-jp conversion works well. Thanks!

We have ported iconv-2.0 to Newlib (freely available libc implementation
use usually use in embedded systems). I think, this port will be
contributed to Newlib later. We are planning to use it in future. We
thought this iconv version is widely used and already had tested, but,
unfortunately, it is not. We can't use GNU iconv because of its GNU
license (We can only use BSD-licensed software).

Alexander, are you the only iconv maintainer? Where can I get the list
of known and reported bugs? May be some mailing list archive exists here
I can read bug reports? Are there any documents about iconv architecture
  or other exist? May be you know some problems with this iconv
implementation. May be some useful links exist? Please, send me all the
related information.

It seems that we will test iconv for several conversion and I can post
you the results of our tests if you want.

Am I right that FreeBSD community isn't going to use this iconv?

Thank you very much again.

--
Best Regards
Artem B. Bityckiy