Want to create/maintain a port

Tom Hukins tom at FreeBSD.org
Wed Dec 3 06:18:14 PST 2003

On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 02:00:20PM +0100, Vincent Tantardini wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm actually looking for a port to create/maintain, but there are not
> a lot interesting as I see because for a lot of them, they are still
> created. If any of you know something which need to be ported please,
> mail me.

Just because a port has a maintainer, that doesn't prevent anyone
else from improving it.

I noticed something interesting a while ago:  I relinquished
maintainership of a few ports I no longer use.  Those ports had not
been modified for some time, but as soon as I switched the maintainer
to ports@, some of them got new maintainers who improved those ports.

Of course, you should seek review from a port's maintainer, but don't
let the existence of a maintainer stop you from making improvements.

Tom