pf logging only no active filtering

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Thu Jun 15 19:47:23 UTC 2017

On 6/15/2017 3:32 PM, Malte Graebner wrote:
> using quick phrase has the side effect, that Im not able to see, if
> there are any packets that would be blocked which shouldn't, because of
> not eval the hole ruleset ( about 500 rules ).

I am not sure I follow, can you rephrase/state the above ? Do you mean
the quick pass rule is not being evaluated, even if its the very first
rule ?  perhaps illustrate the condition with a minimal set of pf rules?

If you dont use the pass in {rdr|binat|nat} and make the quick line the
first line, nothing should get evaluated after the quick pass.
Also, I would always add 'log' to all the rules when debugging, so you
see whats actually being hit.  There should not be any mysteries that way.

	---Mike

--
Mike Tancsa, tel +1 519 651 3400
Sentex Communications, mike at sentex.net