if_bridge + altq (CBQ)

David Pierron david at wombatsweb.com
Sun Dec 11 05:27:45 PST 2005

Hideki Yamamoto on 12/10/2005 5:39 PM wrote:

>I am trying the packect shaping by CBQ of altq on FBSD6 box.  The box is configured as bridge by if_bridge kernel configuration.  The target packet is UDP on IPv6.  Though I wrote output port number of the udp packet on /etc/services and wrote CBQ shaping rule on /etc/pf.conf, the shaping rule about each port number are not applied to the packet, so only default rule are applied.
>
>My question is: can pf especially altq work with bridge function?  If so, which bridge function, BRIDGE, if_bridge, ng_brige, is OK?

I am running if_bridge on FBSD 6.0 and have successfully run CBQ and
HFSC on the bridge ...

Do you have:

net.link.bridge.pfil_member=1    # enables packet filtering on in and out interfaces

specified in /etc/sysctl.conf?  It's quite possible this is necessary for ALTQ to access the "out" on the $xx_if of the bridge ...

Keep in mind that if you use the queue on a "pass" rule, ALTQ will apply to the "out" of that rule ...

HTH