if_bridge + altq (CBQ)

Hideki Yamamoto yamamoto436 at oki.com
Sat Dec 10 14:39:59 PST 2005

Dear Gentleman,

I am trying the packect shaping by CBQ of altq on FBSD6 box.
The box is configured as bridge by if_bridge kernel configuration.
The target packet is UDP on IPv6.  Though I wrote output port number
of the udp packet on /etc/services and wrote CBQ shaping rule on
/etc/pf.conf, the shaping rule about each port number are
not applied to the packet, so only default rule are applied.

My question is: can pf especially altq work with bridge function?
If so, which bridge function, BRIDGE, if_bridge, ng_brige, is OK?

Thanks for your help in the matter.

Hideki Yamamoto.