What is best TCP throughput benchmarking tool?

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Sat Oct 20 14:54:38 UTC 2018

Hello Eugene,

Saturday, October 20, 2018, 2:23:29 AM, you wrote:

> You do not need to micro-control this. The wrk provides you with nice stats
> plus you have counters of "systat -ifstat 1" during long test.

>>  All these tools — wrk, nginx — are optimized for many concurrent
>> connections on powerful hardware and looks like overkill to test one
>> connection bandwidth on Atom CPU.
> You can choose number of concurrent connections yourself while running wrk.
 One. I need one :-)

>>  BTW, how to configure nginx to server 16G+ file without any disk access?
>> One big hole on tmpfs? :)
> You do not need large disk file in case of wrk+nginx. Make small-sized tmpfs
> with single several megabytes-sized file, and that's all.
 I want to run multi-minute streams. On gigabit network. Without any time
spent on connections, requests, TCP windows scaling, etc. As I said, it is
complete opposite to what nginx+wrk does well.

--
Best regards,
 Lev                            mailto:lev at FreeBSD.org