misc/179033: [dc] dc ethernet driver seems to have issues with some multiport card and mother board combinations

Mr. Clif clif at eugeneweb.com
Thu May 30 04:07:48 UTC 2013

Sorry for the confusion Pyun,

I started looking at it in the context of pfsense, but they rejected my
bug report which was understandable because it's an upstream issue. They
suggested I resubmit it to you guys if I could reproduce it. So I booted
FreeBSD and lo and behold the same two ports failed in exactly the same
way. I didn't see the point in re-running all the tests because I was
assuming that FreeBSD would work as well as pfsense for the ports that
worked, and there were no further tests I could think of for the dead ports.

This Atom board only has serial headers not a DB9 on the back, so I have
to look for the proper back panel adapter for that. Otherwise I should
be able to set up that test environment. Though it might take me a
couple of days, sorry it's crunch time for me on a volunteer project.
One which I would like to deploy routers like this on. :-)

     Thanks,
     Clif