misc/179033: [dc] dc ethernet driver seems to have issues with some multiport card and mother board combinations

YongHyeon PYUN pyunyh at gmail.com
Thu May 30 05:12:30 UTC 2013

On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 08:58:10PM -0700, Mr. Clif wrote:
> Sorry for the confusion Pyun,
>
> I started looking at it in the context of pfsense, but they rejected my
> bug report which was understandable because it's an upstream issue. They
> suggested I resubmit it to you guys if I could reproduce it. So I booted
> FreeBSD and lo and behold the same two ports failed in exactly the same

Ok, I'd like to fix that.

> way. I didn't see the point in re-running all the tests because I was
> assuming that FreeBSD would work as well as pfsense for the ports that
> worked, and there were no further tests I could think of for the dead ports.

There are too many different dc(4) controllers out there and each
controller will require different hack to make it work.

> This Atom board only has serial headers not a DB9 on the back, so I have
> to look for the proper back panel adapter for that. Otherwise I should
> be able to set up that test environment. Though it might take me a

If you can't setup two systems, attach USB etherent controller to
the box and let me know login information to the box. That wouldn't
be enough configuration for remote debugging but probably I can
experiment some basic things with your help.