question about MPSAFE network stack disabled

Michel Gravey michel.gravey at 7ici.biz
Wed May 24 06:23:41 PDT 2006

Hello all,

I've got the following message during boot (on a 6.1 release custom kernel) :
WARNING: MPSAFE network stack disabled, expect reduced performance.

I do not use ipv6 nor ipsec, and they are disabled in my kernel config.

The network driver used is bge.

bpf, pf and altq are set, but I don't know if they can cause the
network stack to fallback in non-mpsafe mode.

You will find my dmesg and kernel conf attached.

Would you please help me to find the cause of that message, to fix the
resulting degraded performance induced by that problem.

Please answer on my email, since I'm not a subscribed user of the
freebsd-net mailing list for now.

Thanks in advance,

Michel Gravey