Anyone heard about Broadband over power lines???

Julian H. Stacey jhs at flat.berklix.net
Wed May 24 03:02:58 PDT 2006

Marcin Jessa wrote:
> On Tue, 23 May 2006 20:14:29 -0700 (PDT)
> Mark Jayson Alvarez <jay2xra at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > A while ago, a group of individuals have demonstrated
> > us with devices that can be used to extend your
> > network throughout every corner of your company
> > through the use of electric outlet... A quick googling
> > tells me that such technologies are already existing
> > long time ago and some Electric companies in other
> > parts of the world also are now providing Internet
> > services to their costumers at an added cost.. Do you
> > know any ongoing opensource initiative regarding this
> > technologies??

http://www.vobis-shop.de/vobis/catalog/rubric.service?rubricid=101919
35.5 Euro
Netgear XE102 Powerline Ethernet
up to 14 M bit/s
For in house use.	Not to ISPs
http://www.vobis-shop.de/vobis/catalog/factsheet1.service?articleid=124099

http://www.netgear.com/products/details/XE102.php

Maybe for more info on what you want: cruise a few hardware
manufacturer sites such as Netgear, find hardware that does what
you want, then search with google or whoever, looking for hardware
model numbers ?

--
Julian Stacey.  Consultant Unix Net & Sys. Eng., Munich.  http://berklix.com
Mail in Ascii, HTML=spam.     Ihr Rauch = mein allergischer Kopfschmerz.