question about MPSAFE network stack disabled

Frank Steinborn steinex at nognu.de
Wed May 24 06:53:05 PDT 2006

Michel Gravey wrote:
> Hello all,
> I've got the following message during boot (on a 6.1 release custom kernel)
> WARNING: MPSAFE network stack disabled, expect reduced performance.

[...]

> Would you please help me to find the cause of that message, to fix the
> resulting degraded performance induced by that problem.

First: What version are you running? IIRC, MPSAFE was disabled
somewhere in the early stages of 5.x - are you running such a version?

Second, please check your /boot/loader.conf - could it be that you
added that line: debug.mpsafenet="0"? If so, remove it. It's only
needed to workaround a bug in FreeBSD-pf AFAIK.