Linuxolator v4l2/dvb patches (like for webcamd + skype...)

Ivan Klymenko fidaj at ukr.net
Tue Apr 12 19:59:14 UTC 2011

В Tue, 12 Apr 2011 23:02:04 +0400
"Andrey V. Elsukov" <bu7cher at yandex.ru> пишет:

> On 12.04.2011 21:22, Juergen Lock wrote:
> >
> > 	http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/dvb/linux-dvb-v4l2-test.patch
> > 	(for head, untested)
>
> I updated the patch for head/
> http://people.freebsd.org/~ae/v4l2.diff
>
> >  Note:  At least the version of skype in ports still won't work with
> > all cameras supported by webcamd because skype wants yuv 4:2:0 pixel
> > format and some webcams only support jpeg (like a gspca zc3xx one
> > I dug up here), maybe the newer skype version that Andriy got
> > working,
> >
> > 	http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-multimedia/2011-February/011696.html
> >
> > will have support for such cameras, or if not maybe a solution like
> > this Linux post linked,
>
> I did some tests and it does not make my skype working.
> Also i tried install linux version of libv4l and with preloaded
> v4l1compat.so now skype can turn camera on, but it shows only
> green screen :(

Thank you all for your good work!

export XLIB_SKIP_ARGB_VISUALS=1
/usr/local/share/skype/skype --resources=/usr/local/share/skype $@
helps eliminate the green screen

I have the same problem - skype displays on the console:
Skype V4L2: Could not find a suitable capture format
Skype V4L2: Could not find a suitable capture format
Starting the process...