Linuxolator v4l2/dvb patches (like for webcamd + skype...)

Andrey V. Elsukov bu7cher at yandex.ru
Tue Apr 12 19:54:02 UTC 2011

On 12.04.2011 23:29, Ivan Klymenko wrote:
> В Tue, 12 Apr 2011 23:02:04 +0400
> "Andrey V. Elsukov" <bu7cher at yandex.ru> пишет:
>
>> On 12.04.2011 21:22, Juergen Lock wrote:
>>>
>>> 	http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/dvb/linux-dvb-v4l2-test.patch
>>> 	(for head, untested)
>>
>> I updated the patch for head/
>> http://people.freebsd.org/~ae/v4l2.diff
>>
>>>  Note:  At least the version of skype in ports still won't work with
>>> all cameras supported by webcamd because skype wants yuv 4:2:0 pixel
>>> format and some webcams only support jpeg (like a gspca zc3xx one
>>> I dug up here), maybe the newer skype version that Andriy got
>>> working,
>>>
>>> 	http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-multimedia/2011-February/011696.html
>>>
>>> will have support for such cameras, or if not maybe a solution like
>>> this Linux post linked,
>>
>> I did some tests and it does not make my skype working.
>> Also i tried install linux version of libv4l and with preloaded
>> v4l1compat.so now skype can turn camera on, but it shows only
>> green screen :(
>>

> Thank you all for your good work!
>
> export XLIB_SKIP_ARGB_VISUALS=1
> /usr/local/share/skype/skype --resources=/usr/local/share/skype $@
> helps eliminate the green screen

Yeah :)
Now it is pink with some green motions :)

> I have the same problem - skype displays on the console:
> Skype V4L2: Could not find a suitable capture format
> Skype V4L2: Could not find a suitable capture format
> Starting the process...

Yes. Without libv4l it displays the same message.
Try to find libv4l-0.6.2-1.fc10.i386.rpm and install it like
described here:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/linuxemu-lbc-install.html

You can use:
export LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l2convert.so
# export LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l1compat.so
/usr/local/share/skype/skype --resources=/usr/local/share/skype $@

--
WBR, Andrey V. Elsukov