Zoneminder and multichannel cards

Achilleas Mantzios achill at matrix.gatewaynet.com
Fri Oct 12 00:36:14 PDT 2007

Στις Πέμπτη 11 Οκτώβριος 2007 16:16, ο/η Mark Tinguely έγραψε:
> >  Just a question, in context with our previous discussions.
> >  I managed to capture video from more than 1 camera, in zoneminder.
> >  I'd like to ask, whats the theoritical max fps for each of 4 cameras
> > using the bktr driver in its FreeBSD-6.2 state?
> >  In my code, with METEOR_CAP_CONTINOUS (single camera) it can do
> >
> >  (as ZM reports) 25 fps (which AFAIK is good), whereas with all 4 cameras
> >  and by using METEOR_CAP_SINGLE, the fps drop down to 2.5 fps/camera.
>
> You are getting 25fps (PAL/SECAM?) with free-running captures, and 10 fps
> when your capture switches and single captures. That sounds about right.
> I don't know the input switching speed. Also, the video inputs of the
> different cameras are not going to aligned to each other and also not
> aligned to the program that calls the METEOR_CAP_SINGLE. I would expect
> that every capture will have to wait for the start of a new video frame.

I tried yesterday with the "official" slax based linux live CD that
LinuxMediaLabs provides, and i got worse results.
I got about total 8 fps (PAL) with all 4 inputs active.
As a result, i got even worse image quality than with the FreeBSD/bktr code.
Amazing!

--
Achilleas Mantzios