Zoneminder and multichannel cards

Mark Tinguely tinguely at casselton.net
Thu Oct 11 06:16:04 PDT 2007

>  Just a question, in context with our previous discussions.
>  I managed to capture video from more than 1 camera, in zoneminder.
>  I'd like to ask, whats the theoritical max fps for each of 4 cameras using the
>  bktr driver in its FreeBSD-6.2 state?
>  In my code, with METEOR_CAP_CONTINOUS (single camera) it can do
>
>  (as ZM reports) 25 fps (which AFAIK is good), whereas with all 4 cameras
>  and by using METEOR_CAP_SINGLE, the fps drop down to 2.5 fps/camera.

You are getting 25fps (PAL/SECAM?) with free-running captures, and 10 fps
when your capture switches and single captures. That sounds about right.
I don't know the input switching speed. Also, the video inputs of the
different cameras are not going to aligned to each other and also not
aligned to the program that calls the METEOR_CAP_SINGLE. I would expect
that every capture will have to wait for the start of a new video frame.

--Mark.