Sigmatel STAC 92XX on Precision 380

Michael C. Cambria mcc at fid4.com
Wed Jun 21 16:12:23 UTC 2006

Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> Quoting "Michael C. Cambria" <mcc at fid4.com> (from Wed, 21 Jun 2006
> 09:58:06 -0400):
[deleted]
> Please read http://people.freebsd.org/~ariff/BUG_REPORT

I wasn't reporting a bug, simply asking if anyone on the list was
familiar with the 92XX :-)

I will follow up with the output from pciconf though.  The rest is
GENERIC on FreeBSD 6.1-Stable (cvsup'ed 18 June).  As I said, the device
isn't seen in dmesg.

>> Is anyone familiar with this 92XX?   I don't have specs.  Does anyone
>> have a guess as to what might go into device hints?
>
> The device hints file should be not involved here.

It seems that this device Intel HD Audio, and PR kern/84311 will
hopefully address support for it.  Native support that is.  I'd still
like to get this working in some sort of "legacy" or say SB16 emulation
mode.  For that, I'd still like to know if anyone is familiar with this
device.

Thanks,
MikeC