New pcm feeder_rate implementation

Mathew Kanner mat at cnd.mcgill.ca
Mon Jun 13 12:52:14 GMT 2005

On Jun 11, Ariff Abdullah wrote:
> Alright folks, here is the new, or should I say *much* improved
> feeder_rate implementation. This new implementation try to address
> what the older one failed to do: *insane* / wide range rates support
> so you can play your super-ridiculous 1024000Hz ultrasonic mosquito
> repeller files *on the fly* without having to resample just to satisfy
> 4000 - 48000hz limit. The code also much shorter / cleaner, still
> preserving good old bits from Orion's implementation. The file is
> designed to be a drop in replacement for RELENG_5 / HEAD and you can
> get it at:
>
>   http://staff.mybsd.org.my/skywizard/FreeBSD/sound/
>
> feeder_rate.c : mandatory
> vchan.c       : mandatory for those having fixed rate AC97 soundcard,
>                 or simply want to liberate themselves from 44100 vchan
>                 limit.
>
> Enjoy your ultra-insane sound, something like mplayer -af
> resample=1024000:0:2 should do that.
>
> As usual, feedback / comments are welcomed.

	This is awesome.  We were just discussing proposal on the
developers list and I was hot for a mixer replacement.  Anyway, I'm
tied up for the next few days with work.  I'll take a look and test
over the week and we'll try to get this in on the weekend.
	I hope other people on the list will also test and respond
with their results.
	--Mat