unimplemented sound ioctl (was: Re: Q's about IBM TSM)

Wed Jun 30 09:26:37 PDT 2004

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 22:51:25 +0930
"Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor at gsoft.com.au> wrote:

> > > Use the echo123 user, she records your message for 10 secs and then
> > > repeats it. ATM I have problems with 0.90.0.6, it segfaults most of the
> >
> > Ahh handy!
> > Hmm, she doesn't like me :(
> > Either I get routing -> failed, or routing -> refused.
> > I'll try it some more later.
>
> Whoo it worked :)

With your wrapper I assume.

> I get lots of..
> volume_open: SOUND_MIXER_READ_IGAIN failed: No such device or address
> volume_open: SOUND_MIXER_READ_IGAIN failed: No such device or address
> volume_open: SOUND_MIXER_READ_IGAIN failed: No such device or address
> volume_open: SOUND_MIXER_READ_IGAIN failed: No such device or address
>
> when it's recording though.

Does your mixer have a "igain" (run "mixer | grep igain")? Mine doesn't
have it.

> The recorded audio sounds kind of weird too..

It tries to increase or decrease the input gain to get a sane volume
from the mic. Maybe there's too much clipping...

Bye,
Alexander.

--
           I'm available to get hired (preferred in .lu).