CALL FOR TESTERS (Re: recording with the maestro 2e)

Taku YAMAMOTO taku at cent.saitama-u.ac.jp
Thu Oct 16 03:29:08 PDT 2003

Hello epilogue,

Thank you for testing the new driver.

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 01:19:49 -0400
epilogue at attcanada.ca wrote:
(snip)
> i replaced the two files (/sys/dev/sound/pci/maestro.c and maestro_reg.h) per
> your instructions but got an error message while rebuilding my kernel.  here is
> the error message...
>
> --------
> /usr/src/sys/dev/sound/pci/maestro.c:52: dev/pci/pcireg.h: No such file or directory
> /usr/src/sys/dev/sound/pci/maestro.c:53: dev/pci/pcivar.h: No such file or directory
> mkdep: compile failed
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/THURSDAYKERNEL.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/src.
> *** Error code 1
> --------

We seem to have to #include different files between 4.x and 5.x.
At the moment, please replace <dev/pci/pcireg.h> with <pci/pcireg.h>,
<dev/pci/pcivar.h> with <pci/pcivar.h> respectively, in maestro.c .

# Honestly speaking, since I have no 4.x boxes handy, your experiment on 4.x
# is very valuable to me as it reveals many differences which I haven't been
# aware of.

> i am not sure how to rebuild the snd_maestro.ko module, so my efforts to test are
> at a bit of a standstill.  i would appreciate the suggestions you (or any others)
> might have.

make buildkernel KERNCONF=YOURKERNEL -DNOCLEAN -DNO_MODULES  can skip the most
of unnecessary works. But this method cannot be used if the sources contain
large differences from ones of previous buildkernel. Please use it with caution!

virtually yours,
--
-|-__    YAMAMOTO, Taku  <taku at cent.saitama-u.ac.jp>