CALL FOR TESTERS (Re: recording with the maestro 2e)

epilogue at attcanada.ca epilogue at attcanada.ca
Wed Oct 15 22:19:47 PDT 2003

hello Taku,

thank you for sharing your work.  though i am somewhat of a newbie, i will
gladly help test this code.

i replaced the two files (/sys/dev/sound/pci/maestro.c and maestro_reg.h) per
your instructions but got an error message while rebuilding my kernel.  here is
the error message...

--------
/usr/src/sys/dev/sound/pci/maestro.c:52: dev/pci/pcireg.h: No such file or directory
/usr/src/sys/dev/sound/pci/maestro.c:53: dev/pci/pcivar.h: No such file or directory
mkdep: compile failed
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/THURSDAYKERNEL.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1
--------

i am not sure how to rebuild the snd_maestro.ko module, so my efforts to test are
at a bit of a standstill.  i would appreciate the suggestions you (or any others)
might have.

many thanks,
epilogue

p.s.  i don't seem to have the e-mail you mentioned.  not sure what happened.
sorry about that and thank you for having even tried to send it.