wi0_cmd: busy bit won't clear

Daniel Eischen eischen at vigrid.com
Mon Aug 11 07:05:05 PDT 2003

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003, M. Warner Losh wrote:

> In message: <Pine.GSO.4.10.10308091010260.10830-100000 at pcnet5.pcnet.com>
>             Daniel Eischen <eischen at vigrid.com> writes:
> : > Finally I got a stack backtrace "lock order reversal". Uhh, it
> : > seems a mess.
>
> Can you post it (again?)?
>
> : > And even if I get it working by manually configuring the card,
> : > what is the problem, who is gonna fix it and when?
> :
> : Warner (imp@) is the PCCard guy :-)
>
> I'm coming in on the middle of this converstation.  Manually
> configuring the card?  I'm not sure what you mean by this.

Sometimes, and it's not often or repeatable, when the system
boots with the card inserted, I get that error (wi0_cmd: busy...)
and it hangs for a bit.  I'm using /etc/start_if.wi0 to set
the ssid and have DHCP enabled on it.  I get a few of those
messages, and then it (or DHCP) gives up and the system
continues booting as normal.  After the system is up, the
card is not associated but it does have the ssid set.  Running
ifconfig at this point also hangs for a bit and I get the
error message again.  If I remove the card and reinsert it,
I can manually configure it and it works.  Removing the card
while booting also works.

--
Dan Eischen