wi0_cmd: busy bit won't clear

Christoph P. Kukulies kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Sun Aug 10 23:57:09 PDT 2003

On Sun, Aug 10, 2003 at 10:15:17PM -0600, M. Warner Losh wrote:
> In message: <Pine.GSO.4.10.10308091010260.10830-100000 at pcnet5.pcnet.com>
>             Daniel Eischen <eischen at vigrid.com> writes:
> : > Finally I got a stack backtrace "lock order reversal". Uhh, it
> : > seems a mess.
>
> Can you post it (again?)?

I believe it was because my wicontrol was not in sync with the kernel
and the rest of the world. Stepping up from a 5.0-R freshly
installed (I had this as the only CD set handy after my disk crash - an IBM
Travelstar 30 GB btw, which is gonna be replaced by Dell)
to 5.1-current of a couple of days ago didn't run so smooth as I was used to
and I had to run through make buildworld / make world at least two times
fixing some missing directory trees during this and finally the
mismatching malloc messages ( 01f != 01e  or something ) and the stack
backtrace went away.

> : > And even if I get it working by manually configuring the card,
> : > what is the problem, who is gonna fix it and when?
> :
> : Warner (imp@) is the PCCard guy :-)
>
> I'm coming in on the middle of this converstation.  Manually
> configuring the card?  I'm not sure what you mean by this.

What is mor annoying now is that the ifconfig_wi0="DHCP" mechanism
in /etc/rc.conf doesn't work any longer and pulling the card,
inserting it after boot and then giving the appropriate
ifconfig wi0 ip-address netmask ssid mediaopt adhoc
brings the card to working.