My MIPS branch's patches for review. n32, n64 support; general cleanup

Juli Mallett jmallett at FreeBSD.org
Wed Apr 14 23:11:27 UTC 2010

Hey folks,

As many of you know I've been working on a branch,
/user/jmallett/octeon, in Subversion for improving Octeon, new ABI,
64-bit and general MIPS support.  I've reached the point where I have
too many outstanding changes and am going to work on merging many of
them in the near future.  I've posted a diff here:

http://people.freebsd.org/~jmallett/octeon-branch.diff

And a summary of the changes here:

http://people.freebsd.org/~jmallett/octeon-branch.txt

If you have any specific questions or comments, please let me know!
I'll probably update the patch and summary as things are merged or
fixed.

And if you wish to try out e.g. an n32 world and kernel from that
patch or my branch, just set TARGET_ABI to n32 and use buildworld and
buildkernel, and set TARGET_CPUTYPE to mips32 or mips64 or whatever is
appropriate for your system.

Thanks!
Juli.