IAMP servers in FreeBSD for ISP

Francisco Reyes lists at stringsutils.com
Fri Jul 7 04:06:46 UTC 2006

David J. Orman writes:

> with Dovecot since I stopped using it. Cyrus as everybody mentioned
> is excellent as well. I had bad experiences with mailstore corruption
> a long while ago with Cyrus

Heck I have had Maildir folders corruption with Courier.. if you can believe
that is possible.

It took me 3 days to figure out what was wrong. Thankfully it was my home
setup, but if it had happened at work it would have been very problematic..

> it left a bad taste in my mouth, but
> those things have likely been ironed out by now (and were recoverable
> even then.)

Yes I have read of simmilar experiences. No program is without fault. One
can only pick the one closest to what one needs.

>The only thing I'll warn you about, it uses a proprietary
> mailstore format, so if you ever migrate you'll need a converter.

Thanks for the warning. I aware of it.
That special format is likely what allows it to be as efficient as mentioned
by others.

Thanks for all your feedback.