Can't get temperature info from AMD FX-6300 Processor

Joseph A. Nagy, Jr jnagyjr1978 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 19:20:33 UTC 2013

On 02/16/13 13:08, Oleg Baranov wrote:
> On 16.02.2013 20:56, Гуляев Гоша wrote:
>>     Good day!
>>
>>     I'm install FreeBSD 9.1-amd64 on new PC with AMD FX-6300 processor
>> and
>>     motherboard ASUS M5A97 R2.0
>>
>>     I'm tryin include
>>
>>     device amdtemp
>>
>>     and
>>
>>     device coretemp
>>
>>     in kernel config, but there is no information about processor
>>     temperature through
>>
>>     sysctl -a | grep -i temp
>>
>>     Here is link to dmesg on pastebin: http://pastebin.com/Vkst8pQn
>>

> same for me. I have FX-8120 which amdtemp(4) detects not.
> there were some patches which you will surely find googling a bit. using
> them amdtemp will detect k15, but temperature reading are totally wrong :(
> didn't find an answer since spring 2012 :(
<snip>

someone, mistakenly responding to me, suggested k8temp. I have no
experience with that, though.

--
Yours in Christ,

Joseph A Nagy Jr
"Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge, But he who hates correction
is stupid." -- Proverbs 12:1
Original content CopyFree (F) under the OWL
http://copyfree.org/licenses/owl/license.txt