Can't get temperature info from AMD FX-6300 Processor

Гуляев Гоша gosha-necr at yandex.ru
Sat Feb 16 19:12:24 UTC 2013

   At forum here: [1]http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=37775I
   found solution (get amdtemp.c from -CURRENT) and it works, but as you
   say, it seems it gets wrong information.

   17.02.2013, 01:08, "Oleg Baranov" <ol at csa.ru>:

     On 16.02.2013 20:56, Гуляев Гоша wrote:

     Good day!
     I'm install FreeBSD 9.1-amd64 on new PC with AMD FX-6300 processor
     and
     motherboard ASUS M5A97 R2.0
     I'm tryin include
     device amdtemp
     and
     device coretemp
     in kernel config, but there is no information about processor
     temperature through
     sysctl -a | grep -i temp
     Here is link to dmesg on pastebin: [2]http://pastebin.com/Vkst8pQn

     same for me. I have FX-8120 which amdtemp(4) detects not.
     there were some patches which you will surely find googling a bit.
     using
     them amdtemp will detect k15, but temperature reading are totally
     wrong :(
     didn't find an answer since spring 2012 :(

   С уважением, Гуляев Гоша.