Announcing man-k.org

Abhinav Upadhyay er.abhinav.upadhyay at gmail.com
Mon May 15 06:25:37 UTC 2017

On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 1:51 AM, Panagiotes Mousikides via
freebsd-hackers <freebsd-hackers at freebsd.org> wrote:
> Hi Abhinav!
>
> Interesting tool, and it looks really nice, thanks!

Thanks :)

> A suggestion, it would be nice to have a table of contents at the top of
> every man page, so that the reader can quickly jump to the desired section.
> Sort of like how Wikipedia and similar do it!  I find myself often jumping
> from section to section when reading a manpage, so that feature would be
> great!

I am using mandoc(1) to generate the HTML pages. It is not
straightforward to generate a ToC with it and probably would require
some non-trivial hacking of its html generator code to achieve this,
but it would be interesting work. I will keep note of it in my list of
things to do, thanks for the suggestion, I appreciate it :-)

-
Abhinav