FreeBSD smbfs horribly slow

Mark Saad nonesuch at longcount.org
Sat Nov 14 00:04:12 UTC 2015

Mario
  Can you share more about your setup .
What filesystem is the samba share exported from . What mount options on the filesystem level do you use ?

What version of samba , was it from ports or a package ?

On the samba level can you tell us about your config ? Have you tried any of the tuning from
https://calomel.org/samba_optimize.html

Did you change any sysctls ? What did you set ?

Lastly what's the hardware like ; CPU, nic type , ram , etc

---
Mark Saad | nonesuch at longcount.org