kern/99979: Get Ready for Kernel Module in C++

pfgshield-freebsd at yahoo.com pfgshield-freebsd at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 12 14:50:10 UTC 2006

--- Mike Meyer <mwm at mired.org> ha scritto:

> Windows is the de-facto standard OS: a lot of people know how to use
> it.

Well... I wish several commercial CAD software producers thought otherwise.

> We're bright enough to know that popularity doesn't imply technical
> excellence, otherwise we wouldn't be on a FreeBSD list. Having avoided
> that trap in the choice of platform, doesn't it behoove us to avoid it
> elswhere?

Is someone still using SPIN/modula?? ;-).

If it were easy to replace C++ with C + kobj() than I'd say... leave things as
they are. But if it's not difficult to make some C++ modules work than we
should be bright enough to evaluate the changes.

I don't have any real opinion of the patches though, so I'll leave the matter
here.

cheers,

    Pedro.